Benny Benassi was born in Milan on 13 July 1967.
He works as a DJ producer in collaboration with his cousin Alle Benassi, who has been a musician and arranger at Off Limits, in Reggio Emilia, Italy, the internationally successful production unit run by Larry Pignagnoli.
The first club hit was “I feel so fine” by KMC feat Dhany (N° 1 club charts UK) in 2001. This was followed by the BENNY BENASSI presents THE BIZ project, a ground-breaking mixtured of electro, techno and house dosed with minimalist flair.
The first single SATISFACTION, produced in 2002, made its presence felt in the main charts all over Europe in 2003. Some of the results:
- n° 2 in the Official Singles Sales Chart in UK
- over a month in the n° 1 spot in the Official Dance Chart in FRANCE
- top twenty Official Singles Sales Chart in FRANCE
- n° 2 in the Official Dance Chart in GERMANY
- top forty Official Singles Sales Chart in GERMANY
The record was highly acclaimed:
Timo Mass – I have it, crazy fuckin record….crowds love it!!
Carl Cox – Pure energy I love it!
Boy George – Dirty Electro house at it best
Darren Emerson – Norman Cook called abou this record and as soon as I heard it I loved it!!!
Roger Sanchez – Loved his mix of Tomcraft, his record is even better.
The album HYPNOTICA stayed in the top 20 in the Official Album Sales Chart in FRANCE for over a month, having reached the TOP 5.
Official European Dance Chart:
SATISFACTION and ABLE TO LOVE both went top 5 in the Official European Dance Chart
Benny Benassi’s crucial remixes:
Tomcraft – “Loneliness”
Electric Six – Dance Commander
Outkast – Ghetto Musik
Robbie Rivera – Funk a faction
Goldfrapp – Strict Machine
Felix da Housecat – Ready 2 wear
Etienne de Crecy – Someone like you
Moby – Beautiful
Goldfrapp – Oh la la
Benny and Alle then produced Benassi Bros, a project designed to shine the spotlight on the two Biz vocalists, Paul French and Violeta and other guest singers.
The track by Benassi Bros. feat. Sandy, “Illusion” and “Hit my heart” featuring Dhany were both monster top 20 sales charts hits in France and the album, PUMPHONIA, went gold in France.
Other hit singles taken from HYPNOTICA are “No matter what you do” and “Love is gonna save us”
Benny mixed SUBLIMINAL SESSIONS VI, for the famous New York label and, for the occasion, produced a track called “I want you to come” under the psuedonym BAT67. With this name he also remixed “Hot Tin Groove” by Rava and “Warman Whoreman” by Digitally Stoned People. He is the first European dj to have mixed a Subliminal Sessions compilation.
In 2003, Benny won a lot recognition
- number one in the Top 100 dance tracks on the Ministry of Sound Internet radio
- DJ MAG tune of the year in UK
- Revelation of the year – Italian Dance Music Awards
- Dance revelation of the year – Danish Music Award
- Nominated for international revelation of the year – NRJ Awards, France
- three nominations at Dancestar, Miami and won the best video award
- DjMag favourite DJ Poll Top 100: Benny is number 18, the highest new entry
- European Border Breakers Award for Hypnotica, the Italian album that sold most in Europe outside Italy
When Benny isn’t in the studio, he tours the world rocking clubs and events with his unstoppable energy.
His dj style is easy to describe…. it’s kinda electro, sort of house-tec, dirty and cool, sweaty and smooth….
New Benassi Bros. single and album: the album PHOBIA goes straight into the French top 20 album sales chart.
Benny mixes GALLERY SESSIONS vol.1 with Tall Paul for Duty Free in UK.
Benny has opens his own label,…… Pump-kin….. see www.pump-kinmusic.com
First compilation “Benny Benassi cookin’ for Pump-kin, phase 1″
Benny’s single Who’s Your Daddy? does really well and the hot video becomes cult
Benny rocks the Ultra Festival in Miami.
Benny is also remixing some really cool names…. more later…..!